Sandra Quiteria – York Region Field Manager
Name: Sandra Quiteria
Department: Industry Relations
Started at CCT: March 2017
1. What’s your role at Central Counties Tourism? Can you explain what your role entails?
I am the York Region Field Manager which involves working with various stakeholders – tourism businesses, festival & event organizers, economic development offices, BIAs, Chambers, etc. – throughout the 9 municipalities to grow and strengthen the tourism offerings in our region.
2. If you had to describe your job in a hashtag, what would it be?
3. Can you describe a success you are most proud of during your time at Central Counties Tourism?
Greater engagement with stakeholders has been my goal from day one, so increased engagement, particularly from new connections, is always a “success” for me.
4. Where do you do your best thinking?
I need a quiet place to really concentrate. Best thinking is usually done at home, when no one else is around.
5. What are your favorite snacks?
Favorite snacks… anything sweet or salty, but chips would be my go-to snack. Cheesies, but only Humpty Dumpty Cruncheez will do, or ketchup flavoured chips. And if you want me to get real honest, a bag of one these can usually be found on my night-stand!
6. What are some of your passions outside of work?
Reading, travelling, my dogs, and ok, my family too!
7. What is one thing you do almost every morning?
COFFEE! Actually, that’s EVERY morning! ALMOST every morning, I yell at my children, multiple times, to get out of bed and get ready for school…yes, I have a teenager at home! Who can relate?!?!