Lisa John-Mackenzie – Durham Region Industry Relations Manager
Name: Lisa John-Mackenzie
Started at CCT: December 2022
1. What’s your role at Central Counties Tourism? Can you explain what your role entails?
In my role I have the great opportunity to work with tourism stakeholders including municipalities, businesses, and organizations throughout Durham Region. I strive to support them with building their capacity and networks to build compelling destinations and grow the visitor economy in the region. This is done through community tourism planning, tourism readiness initiatives, new product development projects, and the metrics to measure success.
2. If you had to describe your job in a hashtag, what would it be?
4. Where do you do your best thinking?
In the car for sure! I just need a note pad or voice recorder that’s safe to use when driving.
5. What are your favourite snacks?
Anything chocolate! A day does not go by when I don’t need a bit of chocolate.
6. What are some of your passions outside of work?
Any time with my girls is tops – we like fat biking, skiing, picnics, etc. And I love to cook…and eat!
7. What is one thing you do almost every morning?
Coffee, walk my dog, then more coffee…