Name: Tom Guerquin
Started at CCT: August 2018
1. What’s your role at Central Counties Tourism? Can you explain what your role entails?
I am the Manager of Research and Development with CCT. This role entails conducting market research through various sources of data for both our stakeholders and region as a whole. This includes using Environics Analytics to run our Visitor Research Program, study our region’s economic impact, and measure our success and growth within the tourism industry. My role also includes the development of various products and visitor experiences with our stakeholders to promote visitation, increase awareness, and showcase the region’s competitive advantage to increase revenue.
2. If you had to describe your job in a hashtag, what would it be?
3. Can you describe a success you are most proud of during your time at Central Counties Tourism?
Well, although I have only been with CCT for three months, the success that I am most proud of is taking the lead with Environics Analytics, and helping our stakeholders better understand their visitors (e.g., demographics, psychographics, media interests, …), where they’re coming from, where to find new ones, and how to apply the data to their marketing and product development.
4. Where do you do your best thinking?
On my dog walks
5. What are your favorite snacks?
No real favourite snacks, but anything from almonds, carrots with hummus, to chips.
6. What are some of your passions outside of work?
As I moved back to Ontario from BC last year with my Japanese wife, I am re-exploring Ontario with her and showing her all the gems that the province has to offer. I also enjoy surfing (where possible), alpine skiing, being on the water, and spending time with my wife and dog.
7. What is one thing you do almost every morning?
Walk my wife to the bus stop with our dog, and then continue with the walk before starting work.