Name: Tamara Russell
Department: Business Development
Started at CCT: 2013 (I think)
1. What’s your role at Central Counties Tourism? Can you explain what your role entails?
My role is to drive business from outside of CCT inwards.
I do this by:
Education: educating the field (our partners/stakeholders) on what it means to be “tourism ready” in the segments we are currently targeting.
Promotion; promoting our regions and our partners to Tour Operators, Event Planners and Sport Event Organizers via tradeshows, industry related events and FAM’s
Match Making: providing leads to our partners and assisting where necessary on securing new and returning business increasing the overall tourism receipts within our region(s)
2. If you had to describe your job in a hashtag, what would it be?
#EXHAUSTINGLYFUNANDSTRESSFUL OR #INEEDITNOW
3. Can you describe a success you are most proud of during your time at Central Counties Tourism?
Being able to work and build amazing and positive relationships within and outside of our region(s)
4. Where do you do your best thinking?
During an educational session or traveling – ideas spark and there is no stopping me!
5. What are your favorite snacks?
Potato Chips and Oh Henry
6. What are some of your passions outside of work?
Volunteering with challenged youth
7. What is one thing you do almost every morning?
Wake up! Phew! … ok make a hot tea…