Name: Kelly Klymson-Ing
Department: Industry Relations
Started at CCT: January 2013
1. What’s your role at Central Counties Tourism? Can you explain what your role entails?
As Director of Industry Development, I work to plan and execute all CCT’s major events including the AGM and Annual Symposium; plan, design and deliver programs and opportunities together with the field team for our members to increase their business and community tourism readiness; champion careers in tourism in region high schools and at a local college; and, fulfill organizational governance together with the Board of Directors and our Executive Director.
2. If you had to describe your job in a hashtag, what would it be?
3. Can you describe a success you are most proud of during your time at Central Counties Tourism?
Our members’ success is CCT’s success! Seeing members who have engaged with us create great products to attract more visitors to their communities. Connecting with our fantastic members from across our regions at events and watching the synergies and creativity growing out of sharing ideas to innovate and develop new experiences. Interacting with post-secondary and high school students to increase the awareness of career choices in tourism and hospitality through the Careers in Tourism program.
4. Where do you do your best thinking?
Driving! It’s a time when I can’t look at my computer or phone.
5. What are your favorite snacks?
I’m a popcorn addict – cheese or buttered are my favorites. Never expect me to share a large bag at a movie!
6. What are some of your passions outside of work?
Yoga! I try to be on my mat 4x a week. Discovering new farm to fork culinary experiences, breweries, wineries and distillers in our fantastic regions of York, Durham and Headwaters.
7. What is one thing you do almost every morning?
Meditate so I have a clear mind to start my day.