Name: Emily Quinton
Started at CCT: June 2018
1. What’s your role at Central Counties Tourism? Can you explain what your role entails?
I’m the Headwaters Field Manager at Central Counties Tourism, which means that I get to work first-hand with businesses, event coordinators, municipalities and other organizations to help develop awesome and diverse tourism experiences, support workforce development and cheerlead the region of YDH!
2. If you had to describe your job in a hashtag, what would it be?
3. Can you describe a success you are most proud of during your time at Central Counties Tourism?
Seasonal Campaigns – there are so many moving parts to launching our seasonal campaigns, which means getting to know Headwaters at an even more intimate level. Working on these campaigns means designing memorable itineraries for curious visitors and discovering new regional offerings from our creative businesses. A lot of research goes into this part, and the BEST part is meeting with our enthusiastic stakeholders to help promote their ideas.
Secondly is the Community Tourism Plan with the Town of Erin. We are just about to wrap up, and it has been a great project to work on with an amazingly passionate group of tourism advocates! I’m really looking forward to working with the other municipalities and townships in Headwaters to help highlight tourism and everything great that comes as a result of its development.
OH and my role as one half of “Emily and Elnaz’s Adventures in YDH”, our video series showcasing awesome activities to explore in York, Durham & Headwaters. Stay tuned!
4. Where do you do your best thinking?
In the woods, or in the Orangeville Public Library.
5. What are your favorite snacks?
Carrots & Spicy Hummus. And Cherry Blasters.
6. What are some of your passions outside of work?
Gardening, local food and drink and dancing in my socks.
7. What is one thing you do almost every morning?
Hike with my puppy, Nanook!