Name: Elnaz Borandeh
Started at CCT: May 2018
1. What’s your role at Central Counties Tourism? Can you explain what your role entails?
At CCT I’m responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic digital marketing plans for the entire organization (B2B and B2C) in order to attract more people that want to visit our region and retain existing ones.
My day-to-day tasks include managing social media accounts, leading market research efforts to uncover the viability of current and existing products/services, and liaising with media organizations and advertising agencies.
I also work closely with our Marketing and Communications Director to determine budgets and targets, together we make sure all of our campaigns are fun, relatable and effective!
2. If you had to describe your job in a hashtag, what would it be?
#SOCIALMEDIAQUEEN OR #DIGITALSTORYTELLER
3. Can you describe a success you are most proud of during your time at Central Counties Tourism?
In my short time at CCT, but my biggest proud moment so far has been – launching the new B2B newsletter, along with new design. Consistently the newsletter has been seeing above 25% open rate. There has been great feedback about the look and feel of the newsletter and also more engagement from stakeholders, which is always fantastic.
OH and I can’t forget my role as one half of “Emily and Elnaz’s Adventures in YDH”, our video series showcasing awesome activities to explore in York, Durham & Headwaters. Stay tuned to see what E&E get up to next! J
4. Where do you do your best thinking?
In the morning after I walk my dog, I like to make my first cup of coffee and sit on the couch for 5 minutes and think about the day ahead.
5. What are your favorite snacks?
I love chips, gummy bears, chocolate, specifically KitKats, but most of all OREOS, anyone who knows me knows I have a weird obsession with Oreos!
6. What are some of your passions outside of work?
Traveling – I love seeing new places and every chance I get to get away.
7. What is one thing you do almost every morning?
Walk my dog + a bit of playtime