Position Title: Marketing Manager
Principal Work Location: Head Office, Markham
Reports To: Director, Marketing & Communications B2C
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Range: $62,000 – $68,000
Position Title: Marketing Manager
The Manager of Marketing, under the supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible to manage, execute and deliver on the tactics and goals outlined in the CCT Marketing Strategy and adhere to the associated budget, in the following areas: Social Media, Social Media Buying, SEO, Content Development and Digital Asset Management. The position is also responsible to assist as necessary in the co-management of Media Influencers & Public Relations, B2B Marketing and Communications support, Graphic Design, Web Design Approvals and other communication projects.
Activities include but are not limited to content creation, vendor generated content approval, community management, managing creative as needed, support of brand guidelines, social media platform management, (SEM) media buying, (SEO) supervision, metrics reporting, B2C communications support while adhering to the marketing strategy and budget established by the Director of Marketing & Communications.
1. Social Media Platform Management of all B2B and B2C channels including:
- Managing the integrated social media calendar
- Content creation and alignment with campaign strategies
- Social Media Buying
- Stakeholder support Manage the YDH and CCT online communities
- Ensuring all vendor generated content is aligned with marketing strategy and current campaigns.
- Approve all copy, scheduling, and protocol for crisis management;
2. Search Engine Marketing:
- Execute marketing tactics in the digital space to grow organic visits and optimize website
- Co-manage and collaborate with web development and Content Creation Services to ensure optimization and compliance
- Report on performance ROI for SEO media buys
3. Digital Asset Management (DAM):
- Manage DAM system including system upgrades, maintenance and user experience;
- Establish tagging system, keyword selection, filing system, approval process;
- Manage Image Bank Assistant (tagging, uploading, maintenance)
4. Communications (newsletters, articles and blogs)
- Helps with approvals for content, layout and distribution of monthly B2B and B2C e-newsletters
- Helps provide guidelines and content direction for all YDH generated articles and blogs
- Ensures maximized exposure of all content across relevant channels
5. Media and Public Relations:
- Assists with the vetting and hiring of media influencers
- Fosters relationship with media influencers/journalists;
- Helps to develop story ideas and engage uptake among bloggers and/or journalists to gain earned media on social platforms;
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Marketing; post-graduate certificate in Public Relations and Marketing would be an asset;
- A minimum of 5 years marketing with 3 of those years managing social media marketing and associated dashboards;
- Demonstrated experience in using and realizing web and social media tools and opportunities for internet marketing initiatives;
- Understands and is proficient in the following (but not limited to) marketing social media channels for businesses (Facebook, Google+, Youtube, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Twitter)
- Experience in analytical/reporting tools (ex. Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Meltwater Social)
- Strong computer proficiencies including:
- Good analytical and problems-solving skills;
- Good organizational and project management skills to handle multiple and often conflicting priorities within defined project parameters, and to oversee external service providers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including copyrighting);
- Valid driver’s license with daily use of a vehicle.
- May be required to provide a criminal background check.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work is primarily carried out in an office environment with extensive computer use and manipulation of graphics programs; frequent travel within Central Counties to oversee projects as needed. Ability to work remotely and maintain a home office.